Atlanta Snake Removal Company
People are afraid of a lot of things, clowns, heights, enclosed spaces, and the list goes on. One type of animal that is commonly feared by people is snakes. Snakes can fit into small spaces and snakes can pose a real threat to children and pets. If you know or believe that there are snakes living in your yard or around your home, you should give Atlanta’s top snake removal experts a call.
How Will You Know If They Are Snakes Around Your Home?
Snakes are animals that are not necessarily going to leave signs around the home and yard that snakes have made their home there. You are likely going to know because you spot one slithering through the grass or in your woodpile. Many times, snakes blend into their surroundings and snakes are hard to see. If you see one and want professional Atlanta snake control solutions, give us a call.
Different Types Found In Georgia
Snakes are an important part of an ecosystem because of the important role of the snake as rodent predators. There are 41 confirmed species of snakes that call the state of Georgia home. Most of the species living in Georgia are going to be non-venomous and harmless, 35 to be exact. Some of the most common, non-venomous snakes you will encounter include the black rat snake, eastern king, eastern garter, corn snake, southern ringneck, and a corn snake.
Regardless of being venomous or not, snakes vary greatly in size and color. Snakes can range in length from 6 inches to up to 8 feet, depending on the species of snake. Snakes can be a variety of colors as well and can have different patterns, banding, belly colors, and markings.
Aside from these harmless snakes, there are also venomous snakes that can pose a real danger. These snakes will fall into two different categories:
- Crotalidae– These types of snakes are more commonly referred to as pit vipers. Pit vipers that call Georgia home include the Diamondback, Canebrake, Pigmy Rattlesnake, Cottonmouth (also known as the Water Moccasin), and the Copperhead.
- Elapidae– These snakes are those that belong to the Cobra family. The Coral Snakes is the only known species of this family of snakes to live in Georgia.
The Most Common Venomous Snake In Georgia
Although there are a few species of venomous snakes, the most common one that people encounter is the copperhead snake. There are two varieties of this snake found throughout Georgia, the Southern and Northern copperhead.
The copperhead snake is known to be a snake that is not very long and has a chunky body. These snakes are colored with brown swirls all over their bodies. The heads of copperhead snakes are spear-shaped and the same brown color that is found on their bodies.
These snakes are not known to pack a lethal bite (when it comes to an adult person), but it is going to be very painful nonetheless and require a trip to the hospital. Snake bites can be deadly if these snakes bite a child or the family pet.
The Dangers They Posed Around Your Home
Our Atlanta snake removal technicians can help you rid your property of these reptiles. There can be a number of different dangers that these animals can pose to your property and your family.
- First and foremost, snakes can be scary. For someone with a fear of snakes, even your common garter snake can be incredibly frightening. No one wants to have to worry about having the wits scared out of them while they are enjoying a meal out on the back deck, especially someone with a fear of snakes. You also don’t want to have to worry about letting the kids and the family dog play in the yard.
- It is possible for the snakes to get into the house. The small size and body shape of snakes make it possible for the snakes to fit through a lot of different nooks and crannies in order to get into the house.
- Getting bit by a snake can be a traumatizing experience, even if it is a non-venomous snake. Snakes all have fangs, even if snakes are not venomous. Any snake bite is going to require a doctor’s attention. You do not want the wound to get infected and it can be very painful as well.
- Snakes may cause death to other animals in your yard. Snakes are proficient hunters and snakes are able to hunt a wide range of prey including rodents, birds, and other small animals. Things like bird feeders can actually attract snakes if snakes realize that snakes will be able to feed on the birds at the bird feeder. Our experts can help to make sure that you are free from these animals so that you can watch the birds, chipmunks, and squirrels frolic through your yard.
- Snakes can be venomous. Although most of the native species in Georgia are harmless, you do not want to take a chance. Children and pets can be in serious danger if snakes are bitten by a venomous snake.
Our snake removal experts in Atlanta, Georgia can help you to make sure that your yard is the perfect place for you and the family. We want to carry the stress of making sure your yard is snake free so that you can enjoy your Atlanta property without having to worry. Give us a call so we can remove any unwanted guests or to come and make sure that there are no unwanted guests in your Atlanta yard.